Thursday, 08 June 2006
At first glance you're not sure if these are women or young boys performing. Dressed in a kinky combination of traditional Japanese garb with psychedelic colours and patterns, Ayabie makes a mind-boggling and unforgettable statement. Kinky, electronic, psychedelic, bizarre – call them what you want, Ayabie has burst onto the rock music scene and is performing to sell-out crowds in Japan and fast-gathering audiences in Europe.
Ayabie was formed in spring 2004 by members Ryohei, Takehito and Intetsu. The fourth member of the band is singer Aoi, who used to sing with the group MASK. New to the group is drummer Kenzo. Ayabie´s music contains playful combinations of electronic sounds and often gives the impression of being a crazy combination of hard and soft sounds – precisely the basic requirements for good Visual Kei music. Together with Aoi´s soft yet strong voice, this music gets to young people and this is reflected in the sales of the group´s CDs.
Ayabie offers a very different kind of music which is gaining appeal to a wider audience, performed by a group with passion in their music and in their performance.
Jump on board the J-Rock bandwagon!
Ayabie´s impressive track record so far:
May 8, 2004
- Ayabie´s first concert in the Takadanobaba AREA in Tokyo
- Single "Heien no Nochi, Ame" sold exclusively at concert. All 2000 copies were sold out immediately.
- Metamoru Last Page / Romancer single - 3 re-pressings were needed, due to high demand
- Chosuisou yori Sannin – Maxi-Single CD - reaches # 7 in the Japanese Indie Charts
October 15, 2004
- Gothic Party released – reaches #82 in the Japanese Major Single Charts
- First mini-album Tetsu no Shima
June 15, 2005
- 3 CD singles released within 3 months - after only 9 days the 5000 units from the first pressing were sold out
June 2006 – AYABIE - European Tour
- June 15, 2006: Helsinki, Finland, live concert at Gloria - first Ayabie concert ever in Europe
- June 16, 2006: Paris, France – live concert at Le Trabenco
- June 18, 2006: Frankfurt, Germany – live concert at Battschkapp
Not only the music is the magnet for this incredible Japanese group. Dressed in extravagant costumes and made up to the hilt, they captivate the audience with their casual charm and contagious energy. Attending an Ayabie concert is an experience above and beyond any other.
TRACKLISTINGThis Special European Edition features a DVD with songs and live videos of the band as well as CD with a selection of the best songs from all Ayabie CDs.
3. Mazochi -Sangatsu ni Mita Yume no Saikousei-
4. Tseppeshi Taberu
6. Japanese Rourezo Caramel Town
7. Atama ga Okashii
9. Gothic Party Speed Session
11. Assyuku Roll
12. Glitter Toroupen
1. Japanese Rourezo Caramel Town
2. Atama ga Okashii (Live Version) & Tseppeshi Taberu (Live Version)
For the first time available in Europe !